Flexible Spending Account
How the CARES Act may benefit PayFlex members
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) for Telehealth Services (section 3701)
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Drugs and Medicines without Prescription (section 3702)
PayFlex COVID-19 Resource Center
Making our members aware
For Covid-19 related information for PayFlex members view this PDF.
The simple way to save for health and dependent care expenses is with the PayFlex, your 2020 Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Health care FSA
- You can contribute pretax dollars from your paycheck, up to theInternal Revenue Service (IRS) limit of $2,750.*
- Your full contribution is available at the start of the plan year to payfor eligible health care expenses. It covers you, your spouse and/oryour tax dependents for:
-Copays, coinsurance and deductibles
-Dental expenses like orthodontia, crowns and bridges
-Vision expenses like LASIK eye surgery, glasses and contacts
-Prescription drugs and over-the-counter (OTC) items**
Dependent care FSA
- You can contribute pretax dollars from your paycheck, up to the IRSlimit of $5,000.*
- Funds are for your dependent(s) age twelve or younger, or a spouseor dependent incapable of self-care.
- Pays for eligible child and adult care expenses, such as day care,preschool and nursery school, in-home aid and more.
Pay with ease
We’ll show you how simple it is to pay for your eligible expenses:
- Use the PayFlex Card®, your account debit card: When you use thePayFlex debit card (if offered), your expense is automatically paidfrom your FSA.
- Pay yourself back: Pay for eligible expenses with cash, a check oryour personal credit card. Then submit a claim to pay yourself back.For speed, have your claims payment deposited directly into yourchecking or savings account.
- Pay your provider: Use PayFlex’s online feature (if offered) to payyour provider directly from your account
2020 FSA forms and Information
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires PayFlex® to verify that all card purchases are eligible. Additionally, PayFlex may ask you to send documentation for a card purchase. If you receive a request, make sure to respond promptly. Your card may be suspended, and the unverified amount may be reported as taxable income. View information about keeping your PAYFLEX card active.