An in-network dentist coordinates your care
With this plan, you must use Cigna Dental's DHMO network of dentists for your care. You also coordinate your care through one primary care dentist (PCD). Out-of-network treatment is never covered. In the case of an emergency, only the evaluation will be covered out of network.
- When you sign up for this plan, Cigna assigns you a primary care dentist (PCD) close to your home who coordinates your care. You can change your PCD at any time through Cigna.
- Your plan fully covers most preventive care, such as routine checkups and cleanings. You and your covered dependents can receive one cleaning every six months, free of charge.
- There are no deductibles to pay or claim forms to file. You simply pay the set copays when you receive covered services.
- If you need specialty dental care, excluding pediatric or orthodontic, your PCD will refer you to a network specialist.
- Only an emergency evaluation will be covered out of network, and it requires prior administrator approval from Cigna. The actual treatment is not covered.
- You can use any remaining funds in your health care flexible spending account to pay copays.
On-site dental care
Preventative dental care is now available on-site through Biomedent. Appointments are necessary, and dental procedures usually last about 30 minutes.
- This benefit is for employees only.
- If you are a DHMO member, you’ll pay a fee of $100.
- If you don’t have a dental plan at all, the fee for services will be $130.
- If you’re currently enrolled in a health care FSA, you can use your FSA debit card.
- Preventive treatments are covered twice a year.
Services Biomedent offers include:
- Comprehensive oral exam
- Prophylaxis cleaning
- Oral cancer screening
Rates per pay period
Educational information and materials offered on the following subjects:
- Benefits of dental health for overall health and wellness
- Proper brushing techniques
- Proper floss techniques and available alternatives to flossing
- Benefits of using mouth wash
Click here for more information about Biomedent and the services.
The myCigna mobile app lets you find a dentist, review your coverage, calculate costs, and view, fax or email ID information on your phone or tablet.
To change your PCD, obtain prior approval, or find help of any kind, call Cigna customer care at 800-CIGNA24 (800-244-6224), available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; visit the Cigna website, or check your plan summary document.
The change becomes effective the first of the following month. If you make the change prior to the 15th of a month, Cigna lets your PCD know. If you make the change after the 15th and have an appointment scheduled for the following month, your PCD may need to contact Cigna to verify the change.
Your PCD's name is printed on the card, but if you change your election, you can request a new card or a letter confirming the change.
Click here to see if your preferred dentist is in the Cigna network. Use this handy guide or call Cigna One Guide at 888-806-5042 for more information.