Cigna Dental PPO
To learn more about your Cigna Dental PPO plan, please watch this video.
2023 Coverage Cost Comparison
2022 Coverage Cost Comparison
See any dentists you like
After you’ve met the individual or family deductible, the Dental PPO option pays a percentage of the usual, customary and reasonable (UCR) cost of services. You’re responsible for the difference.
- You can see any dental provider licensed in the U.S., including specialists, without a referral. You generally pay less when you see a provider in the Cigna network because these dentists are contracted with Cigna. If you go outside the Cigna network, you’re responsible for any costs that exceed the usual, customary and reasonable costs of services.
- You can change dentists or see a specialist any time.
- Your plan fully covers most preventive care, such as routine checkups and cleanings, after you meet a $50 deductible. You and your covered dependents can receive up to two exams and cleanings per calendar year, free of charge, until you reach your annual benefit maximum.
- You pay a deductible before the plan begins to pay its share of covered expenses. Once you’ve met your deductible, you pay coinsurance, which is a percentage of costs for covered services. If you go to an out-of-network dentist, you must submit receipts and a claim form to Cigna Dental to receive reimbursement.
- Some services that are done to improve the look of your teeth, such as teeth whitening, may not be covered by your plan.
- When you first sign up for this plan, your annual benefit maximum is $1350. Through the WellnessPlus feature, you and your covered dependents can increase this by $100 each following year (up to a maximum of $1,650 at year 4) by taking advantage of the plan’s preventive care.
- You can use any remaining funds in your health care flexible spending account to pay deductibles and coinsurance.
- The myCigna mobile app lets you find a dentist, review your coverage, calculate costs, and view, fax or email ID information from your phone or tablet.
For more information or help of any kind, call Cigna customer care at 800-CIGNA24 (800-244-6224), available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or visit the Cigna website.
Check here to see if your current dentist is in the Cigna network, use this handy guide, or call Cigna One Guide at 888-806-5042 for more information.