It is recommended that students restart their devices every two days to allow HISD updates to go through and to avoid minor issues. If your laptop does not turn on, you will need to try the following and then contact us if you see any lights near the charging port.
1. Hold the Power Button for 30 seconds until the laptop completely powers off.
2. Wait 10 seconds and then restart the laptop.
If it still does not turn off, look for the following lights near the charging port.
1. Solid Orange/Amber light - The laptop is charging
2. Blinking Orange/Amber light - The laptop battery is extremely low, and you should charge it for a few hours.
3. Blinking White light (9 times) - The laptop has been damaged due to dropping it. You must bring it in for repair as the system board is damaged.
4. Blinking Orange/White light - Hold the Power button until both go off.
Students can ALWAYS report to Room 708 for assistance.