For the 2017-2018 school year, Mandarin Immersion Magnet School is fully staffed.
MIMS continues to grow! Every year we will be seeking excellent teachers to expand our program. At MIMS we know that it is teachers who make the difference, and we are interested in strong candidates from anywhere in the nation (or abroad!). Why work at MIMS?
If you don't already call Houston home, why come here?
- You'll be helping start something new. We are the first and only school-wide Mandarin immersion program in the state of Texas. Districts around the state are looking to us as a model. Your impact on students will spread even beyond the walls of your classroom.
- You will enjoy excellent resources and support. Our teachers benefit from supportive parents and a district committed to the long-term success of the school. Our PTO provides many classroom resources for teachers, and our district has committed $32 million to build a state-of-the-art new facility starting next year.
- You will have leadership opportunities. At MCLIMS, our teachers are actively involved in writing curriculum, establishing school-wide standards, and leading professional learning communities.
- You will join a supportive community of professionals. Just like our students and parents, all of our teachers have chosen MCLIMS because they want to be part of something special. As such, they are highly dedicated and supportive of their colleagues.
Ready to apply? Find out how!
- Quality of Life. Houston was recently ranked the best city in America and America's coolest city to live in.
- Cost of Living. Houston ISD pays starting teachers about $10,000 more per year than the state average, yet Houston is America's most affordable city, with low housing prices and low overall cost of living.