Chung Ying, Principal
Chung Ying has been selected as the new principal of Mandarin Immersion Magnet School. Ying started his career in HISD in 2003 and has served students as a special education teacher, department chair and LPAC coordinator. For the last six years, he has been an assistant principal in Harmony Public Schools. He has extensive experience in special education and ESL education. Ying earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston and holds an advanced degree in educational leadership from the University of St. Thomas. He is fluent in Mandarin.
Mr. Ying's Weekly Updates
Weekly Updates - January 8th, 2021
I hope everyone had a great week. Please see below for a few announcements to wrap up this week.
1. 1st grade parent meeting rescheduled to Wednesday, 1/13/21 at 4:30 PM. Access to meeting.
2. Thanks to Ms. Simmons, we will be hosting this year’s NJHS induction ceremony next Wednesday, 1/13/21 at 5:00 PM. We are excited to bring in new members to the prestigious NJHS community. All are invited. Access to the ceremony.
3. Please be on the look out for media release form. The teachers will be sending out media release form (a PDF file) next week. This year’s Chinese New Year celebration will be broadcasted online. For your child to participate, we will need your media consent. I have been seeing lots celebration rehearsals in the building. I must say that seeing students singing and dancing rejuvenates my spirit and can’t wait to share their joy and love with you all.
4. Shout out to Ms. H. Liu, she is piloting a new segment in the morning announcement. Starting this week, each morning we are putting two students on the mic to make announcements in Mandarin. This week the prek students did an amazing job counting numbers in Mandarin. Next week is kinder’s turn. We are looking forward to hearing their voice in the morning!
5. Read to Succeed Challenge, December winners
December Student Recognition (Shout-Out)
December Grade Recognition (Shout-Out)
6. Coffee with Chung, next Wednesday, 1/13/21 at 9:00. Access to meeting.
7. PTO general meeting
Time: Jan 15, 2021 12:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 810 9822 2944
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,81098222944# US (Houston)
+12532158782,,81098222944# US (Tacoma)
Questions about magnet program - Ms. Xian Xia
Need to update your information (including not receiving my emails) - Ms. Christine Chavez
Questions about health and safety - Ms. Vonshay Stubblefield
Questions about 504 program and accommodation (including IAT process) - Mr. Justin Ritsema
Questions about Special Education - Mr. David Nichols
Questions about GT program and CBE test - Ms. Yabei Yin
That’s all for this week update. Have a wonderful weekend.
Chung Ying, Principal