Chung Ying, Principal
Chung Ying has been selected as the new principal of Mandarin Immersion Magnet School. Ying started his career in HISD in 2003 and has served students as a special education teacher, department chair and LPAC coordinator. For the last six years, he has been an assistant principal in Harmony Public Schools. He has extensive experience in special education and ESL education. Ying earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston and holds an advanced degree in educational leadership from the University of St. Thomas. He is fluent in Mandarin.
Mr. Ying's Weekly Updates
Arrival and Dismissal Update - August 24th, 2021
Thank you all so much for your patience and cooperation; our arrival and dismissal were noticeably faster today. A couple of reminders and updates.
- Morning arrival
- Please do not park in the handicap parking unless you have a current handicap tag
- Do not park in the teacher’s parking lot or the teachers won’t have a spot to park.
- Drop off – Please drive up to the dragon door as much as you can. Do not leave space between you and the car in front.
- Afternoon dismissal
- If you walk up to pick up your child, please use the phoenix door only. Do not use the dragon door for pick up.
- If you come pick up your child (by foot or by car), you need a placard – this is for your child’s safety. If you don’t have a placard, please come to the front office during the day so we may print one for you.
Thank you all,
Revised Dismissal Plan - August 23rd, 2021
Thank you for your patience today. I understand that today’s dismissal was unusually long. Below are some of the changes we are making to improve dismissal speed.
We observed that our original plan had lots of room for communication disconnect, which led to major delays. Our revised plan focuses on streamlining communication/student name announcement.
- If you are walking up with your child’s placard, please go to the phoenix door to pick up your child. For your child’s safety, you must present your placard. We won’t be able to release your child without the placard. Also, you will not be able to walk up to the front door or the dragon door to pick up your child.
- All car riders will exit from the dragon door. Please give your placard to the staff at the gate as you drive into our school.
- Middle school walkers
- No sibling – exit at the emergency door by the front door
- With younger sibling – pick up sibling in the cafeteria and exit from the dragon door
- All bus riders will report to the blacktop (outdoor basketball court) to line up for buses
We will communicate this revised dismissal plan with the students over the morning announcement. Please ask your child to pay close attention to tomorrow’s morning announcement.
Thank you all,