HISD offers many options for afterschool activities, both free and on a sliding-scale basis, designed to promote self-discovery and enhance academic success. Tutoring and homework assistance are balanced by enrichment opportunities such as dance, photography, and design programs. For more information, please see Afterschool Programs.
After School Extended Day Options
We have several Extended Day Options for your convenience based on pick up times. Note the options for you to choose from:
- Full Time until 6:30 pm
- Half Time until 5:30 pm
- Full Time Occasional Days (purchased in increments of 5 days)
- Morning Care Supervision without ASP Full/Half Daily
- Morning Care Supervision (discounted) w/ASP Full/Half Daily
After School Program offerings and general information:
- Homework Sessions: Homework Sessions are offered to students enrolled in Full Time or Half Time Extended Day. The purpose of Homework Sessions is to provide a quiet environment with fellow students who are also in need of working on their homework. Please understand that Homework Sessions are not set up as tutoring sessions. Our staff is available to clarify instructions in regards to your child’s homework. However, if your child does not understand the general concept of the homework, it will be advised for you to visit with your child’s teacher so that further instruction may be given to your child for a better understanding of the assignment. Re-teaching of the lesson may be necessary.
- Outdoor/Indoor Activites: HISD COVID Guidelines will adhered for safety purposes.
Payment Information for Extended Day and Morning Care
Full Time, Half Time, Occasional Extended Day and Morning Care are to be purchased via schoolpay. Please refer to the payment due dates provided for you in the Registration Packet. These options are available on SchoolPay. All payments are to be processed via schoolpay.
Pick UP Policy
It is imperative that you be prepared to present a valid form of ID (ID with your picture); the ASP Staff will only release your child to the adults you list on the Pick UP Authorization Form. According to HISD Policy, an adult is someone 18 years of age or older. We will not release your child to anyone under the age of 18. Please inform the individuals you listed of this information.
Late Pick UP
Please pick up your child on time according to the program you have registered for. Late Pick Up Fees will be assessed @ $2.00/minute.
For On Site Questions, please contact our Coordinators:
Mr. Sergio Gonzalez: SGONZA39@houstonisd.org
Ms. Meylan Cerna: Meylan.Cerna@houstonisd.org
For Billing Questions, please contact our Bookkeeper:
Ms. Lesley Trevino: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon-Fri, 2:00 PM – 6:30 PM