Dear Parents and Students,
Please find and encourage your child using the wonderful resources listed below continue to learn-
- ichiesereader https://ichinesereader.com/icr/login (Details below)
- Betterchinese betterchinese.com (Details below)
- Math’s fun https://www.mathsisfun.com/quiz/fourtimes.html
- Math Games https://www.multiplication.com/games
- Learning Chinese pinyin http://www.guihuazhu.com/exercises/
- Game Learn Chinese https://www.gameslearnchinese.com/game/
- Fastfingers pinyin tapinghttps://10fastfingers.com/
- https://www.rate.com/resources/money-games-by-rate-com-for-percentages-decimals-and-more (New) Source provide: Dakota
Starting Oct 5th, 2020, we have used ichinesereader this platform for one of our two Chinese grades- I assign 3-5 books for weekly reading assignment every week on ichinesereader and students have 5 days to complete reading all 3 assigned books with all correct answers on the quizzes (if any) to get a full credit “100”.
-ichinesereader- Log in
username: mimsXXXXXXX (XXXXXXX is your child’s student ID)
Teachers will be using BetterChinese along with some other materials (ppt, quizlet, etc.) to teach the Chinese lessons in 3rd grade as well, students are welcome to use those extra resources to self-study, preview/review and practice at home during the summer time.
Please see the student login information below-
Better Chinese for students:
- Students (School Account Tab)
- Class ID: 22MIMSOLS
- User Name: 22s02
- Password: 123 (it is a shared account, please ask students to NOT to change the password)
HISD Technology service desk
Additional Online Learning Resources:
In order to provide our students with quality learning experiences during this time, I am sharing the following extra technology learning resources below. Your child can have access from home to the following websites or Apps (These resources also can be found in HUB, Mandarin Reading course’s Resources):
- Chinese, Lesson 13-24 Quizlet: http://www.houstonisd.org/Page/107614 (For tablet users: Search Changchaolin’s class on Quizlet to download lists.)
- For stroke orders, making phrases, and finding other words with the same components: Arch Chinese English-Chinese online dictionary http://www.archchinese.com/chinese_english_dictionary.html
- Thinking Blocks- Math Playground https://www.mathplayground.com/thinkingblocks.html
- Counting, skip counting (K-2) * Count by 2, 5, 10https://www.mrnussbaum.com/number-chart/ (included tutorial video)
- Addition https://www.mrnussbaum.com/the-big-yellow-bus-math-game/
- Place Value (all grades) * second grade goal is up to thousand place. https://www.thatquiz.org/zh-c/math/place-value/
- MIMS YouTube Channel https://www.houstonisd.org/Page/172749
- MIMS weekly update: https://www.houstonisd.org/domain/48259
- Imagine Math Facts to review and practice grade-level Math Facts.
- myON Digital Library to explore over 6,000 digital books for independent reading.
- Digital Literacy for Learning.com to improve Keyboarding and Computer skills.
- ichinesereader https://ichinesereader.com/icr/login