Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS)
VIPS are HISD volunteers. Each year, thousands of parents, students and community partners support HISD students and teachers by volunteering their time. VIPS represent all economic, ethnic and educational backgrounds. They are caring adults or children who tutor students, serve as classroom assistants to teachers, provide enrichment and hands-on experience with computers, work in the library, clinic, office, cafeteria, and provide other support.
How can I become a VIPS?
All volunteers must register online and pass an annual criminal background check before they can participate as a volunteer. Please follow the steps below to become a VIPS:
* Step 1: Register online at https://www.houstonisd.org/Page/126421. (Use google chrome)
* Step 2: Complete the online VIPS Volunteer Orientation training.
* Step 3: Once you have completed the training, submit your application for a background check.
* Step 4: Once your application is submitted you will receive a confirmation email to your email address.
* Step 5: An email will be sent to your email address informing you of your background check status.
* Step 6: Once you are CLEARED to volunteer, you are eligible to volunteer in HISD schools.
Coming to Bellaire to Volunteer
* When you come to campus to volunteer, you must sign in AND present a valid ID at the main office.
What type of identification is accepted?
* Texas Driver’s License
* Official Passport
* Texas Identification Card
* Official U. S. Military ID
* Driver’s License (issued by any state in the U.S.)
* Matricula Consular
If you have any questions, please see Ms. Mulet in the library or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.