Title I, Part A is a formula grant program that provides financial assistance to school districts and schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families. Title I is the largest program supporting elementary and secondary education in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
The Title I, Part A program is intended to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards, regardless of economic status. Title I is the government’s attempt to provide all children with the opportunity to receive a fair, equitable and high-quality education, and to close the achievement gap.
These “supplemental” federal funds are used to:
- Accelerate instruction for struggling students,
- Provide professional-development for teachers, paraprofessionals, and administrators
- Hire certified personnel
- Provide additional resources – technology, personnel, materials, instructional programs, software
- Encourage parent and family involvement
Bellaire has a school-wide Title 1 program. All students are Title I students and are eligible for services through Title I. Bellaire qualifies as a Title I school because we are a campus with a low-income enrollment between 40%-100%.
At Bellaire we spend our Title I funds on:
- Extended library hours
- Materials: notebooks, paper, folders
- Tutoring for STAAR, SAT, & PSAT
- Summer School Credit Recovery
- Parent Involvement
- Parent English Classes
- 1 Graduation coach, 1 college counselor, and 3 other counselors
All documents available on the side navigation bar are in English, Spanish, and/or Vietnamese.For questions, contact Miriam Mulet - Title 1 Coordinator