World Languages Magnet Program
Interim Magnet Coordinator/Campus Transfer Analyst
713-295-3704Bellaire’s World Languages Magnet Program serves students who live outside of the school’s attendance zone. Magnet students are transfer students who have a strong interest in studying language, and commit to taking five on-campus credits of World Languages.
Important Magnet Dates
- September 28, 2018 - Phase 1 opens; applications may be submitted online or on paper.
- November 26-30, 2018 - magnet testing dates. Testing begins at 5pm.
- December 7, 2018 - Phase 1 closes; Last date to change application ranks.
- January 14-18, 2019 and January 19 & 26, 2019 - Magnet testing dates. Testing on weekdays begins at 5pm and 10am on Saturdays.
- March 21, 2019 - Notifications of application status available.
- April 5, 2019 - Last day to provide proof of residence and signed entrance agreements for seats offered on March 21st or spaces will no longer be guaranteed.
- July 31, 2019 - Last day for Magnet acceptances.
The Magnet Office would like to remind all Magnet students in grades 9-12 to visit the Magnet Office located in the Library if they have any questions, concerns or need help.Please visit HISD's website here for information about applying to a Magnet Program.