World Languages Magnet Program
Interim Magnet Coordinator/Campus Transfer Analyst
****Course selection for incoming Magnet Students will be held through a Teams meeting Wednesday, May 6th at 4pm. The link to join the session can be accessed here. Mr. Ngo will follow up with Magnet students after the meeting.Bellaire’s World Languages Magnet Program serves students who live outside of the school’s attendance zone. Magnet students are transfer students who have a strong interest in studying language, and commit to taking five on-campus credits of World Languages.
Important Magnet Dates
- September 27, 2019 - Phase 1 opens; applications may be submitted online or on paper.
- Magnet Testing Dates
- Saturday, Oct. 26th at 10am
- Saturday, Nov. 9th at 10am
- Monday - Friday, Nov. 11-15 at 5:00pm
- Saturday, Dec. 7th at 10am
- December 6, 2019 - Phase 1 closes; Last date to change application ranks.
- January 30, 2020 - Notifications of application status available.
- February 13, 2020 - Last day to provide proof of residence and signed entrance agreements for seats offered on January 30th or spaces will no longer be guaranteed.
The Magnet Office would like to remind all Magnet students in grades 9-12 to visit the Magnet Office located in the Library if they have any questions, concerns or need help.Please visit HISD's website here for information about applying to a Magnet Program.