Parking around Bellaire is always problematic. HISD and Bellaire Police recommend that students and parents read and obey all signs accordingly, as the Bellaire Police do have cars towed regularly.
• Limited visitor parking is located on Maple Street.
• Handicapped parking spaces are located on Maple Street.
• The school bus zone on Rice (beginning at the corner of South Rice and Maple and ending at the faculty/staff parking lot on South Rice) has available parking from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M., Monday through Friday
• Parking on side streets near Bellaire is by permit only; please observe all posted signs. Otherwise, the vehicle may be towed. Parking may be available before 8:00 A.M., between 9 A.M. and 1P.M., and after 2 P.M
PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED PARKING:
• Parking is prohibited in all areas where the curb is painted yellow or red.
• The main parking lot, the service area and the parking spaces behind the shop wing are reserved for faculty and school employees. Only vehicles displaying an official parking permit are permitted in the faculty parking areas.
• Students MAY NOT park in the circle on Maple, in the reserved parking area on Maple, or in the visitors’ parking area on South Rice.
• Parking is usually prohibited on the side streets from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. and from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. The police do not hesitate to tow.
• The senior parking lot is not available for visitors, as students pay a fee per car to park in this location
– The car must display an official permit.
– Cars without a permit will be towed from the senior parking lot.