Sophomore College Checklist
- Meet with your dean. Make sure you meet with your dean to ensure your course schedule is challenging enough to prepare you for college. Take Pre-ap or AP courses whenever possible.
- Take the PSAT in October. This test will be offered during the school day and will provide you with valuable feedback to how you will do on the SAT and how to best prepare for it.
- Attend college and career fairs. These often take place in the Fall.
- Keep up your participation in school activities or volunteer efforts. Extracurricular activities can help you develop time-management skills and enrich your high school experience.
- Tour college campuses. If possible, take advantage of vacation time to visit colleges and see what they're like. This will help you learn what to look for in a college.