Cigna Dental PPO
See any dentists you like
After you’ve met the individual or family deductible, the Dental PPO option pays a percentage of the usual, customary and reasonable (UCR) cost of services. You’re responsible for the difference.
- You can see any dental provider licensed in the U.S., including specialists, without a referral. You generally pay less when you see a provider in the Cigna network because these dentists are contracted with Cigna. If you go outside the Cigna network, you’re responsible for any costs that exceed the usual, customary and reasonable costs of services.
- You can change dentists or see a specialist any time.
- Your plan fully covers most preventive care, such as routine checkups and cleanings, after you meet a $50 deductible. You and your covered dependents can receive up to two exams and cleanings per calendar year, free of charge, until you reach your annual benefit maximum.
- You pay a deductible before the plan begins to pay its share of covered expenses. Once you’ve met your deductible, you pay coinsurance, which is a percentage of costs for covered services. If you go to an out-of-network dentist, you must submit receipts and a claim form to Cigna Dental to receive reimbursement.
- Some services that are done to improve the look of your teeth, such as teeth whitening, may not be covered by your plan.
- When you first sign up for this plan, your annual benefit maximum is $1350. Through the WellnessPlus feature, you and your covered dependents can increase this by $100 each following year (up to a maximum of $1,650 at year 4) by taking advantage of the plan’s preventive care.
- You can use any remaining funds in your health care flexible spending account to pay deductibles and coinsurance.
- The myCigna mobile app lets you find a dentist, review your coverage, calculate costs, and view, fax or email ID information from your phone or tablet.
On-site dental care
Preventative dental care is now available on-site through Biomedent. Appointments are necessary, and dental procedures usually last about 30 minutes.
- This benefit is for employees only.
- If you have met your deductible under the PPO dental plan, preventative services are covered at 100% with no cost.
- If you have not met your PPO deductible you’ll have to pay $50.
- If you don’t have a dental plan at all, the fee for services will be $100.
- If you’re currently enrolled in a health care FSA, you can use your FSA debit card.
- Preventive treatments are covered twice a year.
Rates per pay period
Based on 24 pay period
Employee + Spouse: $32.63
Employee + Child(dren): $32.56
Employee + Family: $54.49
Orthodontia: $50 per person
Annual benefit maximum
Annual maximum benefit: $1,350
Preventive and diagnostic care: $0 after deductible
Basic care: 20% of covered expenses after deductible
Major care: 50% of covered expenses after deductible
Implants & related procedures: 50% of covered expenses after deductible
50% of covered expenses, up to $2000 individual max
Services Biomedent offers include:
- Comprehensive oral exam
- Prophylaxis cleaning
- Deep cleaning
- Oral cancer screening
Educational information and materials offered on the following subjects:
- Benefits of dental health for overall health and wellness
- Proper brushing techniques
Proper floss techniques and available alternatives to flossing
Benefits of using mouth wash Click here for more information about Biomedent and the services.
Missing tooth provision
If you’re a new enrollee, the plan only pays 50% of the normal cost for replacing missing teeth until you’ve been a plan participant for 12 months.
For more information or help of any kind, call Cigna customer care at 800-CIGNA24 (800-244-6224), available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; visit the Cigna website, or check your plan summary document or PPO welcome brochure.
Check here to see if your current dentist is in the Cigna network, use this handy guide, or call Cigna One Guide at 888-806-5042 for more information.