Helpful tools resources to keep you smiling. Check back often.
Cigna Dental Virtual Care
Cigna Dental Virtual Care Available in Texas as of 9/1/21
Access dental care without leaving home. Log on to myCigna
The dentist will see you now.
Toothaches, chipped teeth and oral infections don't care what time of day it is. But neither do the Cigna Dental Virtual Care dentists. If you need dental care and are unable to reach your regular provider, you now have the option to consult with a dentist through a video call. The best part? Cigna Dental Virtual Care is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
A new option for urgent dental care.
To assist you during the COVID-19 pandemic, we're making Cigna Dental Virtual Care available so that you can speak with a dentist about urgent dental care needs from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Convenient dental consults at home.
While we recommend that you contact your dentist first to see if they can provide virtual care, we recognize that this may not always be possible. That's why we've partnered with The TeleDentists, a virtual dental care company that's been serving customers since 2018. The TeleDentists connects you with a licensed dentist who, through a video call, can help address urgent dental situations like toothaches, infection, swelling, bleeding, and more. They can also prescribe medication2 to be filled at your local pharmacy, if necessary.
The nature of this type of care delivery precludes dentists from performing more involved procedures, but if the dentist determines such care is needed, they can help guide next steps.
How to access Cigna Dental Virtual Care.
If your dentist is unable to assist with your urgent dental care need, simply log on to your myCigna.com account and follow the prompts to the virtual care portal
- You must connect to the portal via your myCigna.com account in order to use the service without having to enter a payment method.
- Once you've entered the online portal, you will be prompted to create an account on "The TeleDentists" website, and provide basic health information.
- You will be prompted to download and install a video chat application, and then confirm whether you want to see a dentist now, or schedule an appointment for a later time.
- When you are ready to consult with a dentist, you'll enter a virtual waiting room where a dentist will connect with you in ten minutes or less.
- Note: Wait times may be longer due to increased demand, and if your wait time exceeds ten minutes, a virtual customer service representative will join you in the waiting room for an update.
What you eat may not only affect your general health; it may also affect the health of your mouth. And one of the biggest dangers is tooth decay, which is caused by plaque (a sticky film of bacteria that naturally forms on your teeth) and the food you eat. The bacteria in plaque feeds on sugar and starches found in your food. This forms an acid that attacks your tooth enamel, causing tooth decay.