Lamar High School – Credit Appeal
For more information contact by email:
Students with four or more unexcused absences in any course during the Fall 2017 semester will have credit for the class withheld and an “NG” will appear on the student’s report card. Therefore, although the grade in the course was passing, it will not count towards graduation. The following checklist will outline the steps that must be taken to file a credit appeal. Keep in mind that all requirements set forth in this document must be met and the application must be approved by the Attendance Committee. Single period absences will not be approved without a doctor's note.
CHECKLIST FOR CREDIT APPEAL PROCESS
1. Pick up your Credit Appeal Form in any of the offices starting Tuesday, January 16 – Friday, January 19.
2. Each Credit Appeal Form MUST be completed in its entirety with all the information requested and attached.
B. Single period absences cannot be appealed unless office sign-out procedures were followed.
C. No credit may be restored for a class where the student received a failing grade.
3. Sign up in the Attendance office (N111) for a copy of your Attendance Record. It will take one day to process and you may pick it up the next day. It is your responsibility to pick it up before the deadline.
4. Return the completed Credit Appeal Form with all required documentation attached no later than 4:00pm on Friday, January 19, 2018. The completed credit appeal applications need to be returned to the Attendance office (N111) before school, after school, or during lunch.
5. Results will be available starting Monday, January 22 – Friday, January 26. Results can be picked up in the Attendance office (N111). Credit appeal detention will start on Monday, January 22 from 4:00-6:00pm. All credit appeal detention hours and coursework must be completed no later than Friday, February 2, 2018.
6. If a student needs to reappeal their credit appeal application, he/she will need to resubmit the application no later than 4:00pm on Friday, January 26, 2018. Return the completed reappeal application to the Attendance office in N111. Results for the reappeal will take approximately 2-3 business days. The student will need to pick up the reappeal and start their credit appeal detentions no later than Friday, February 2, 2018.
7. After completing ALL the assigned hours in Detention within the deadline assigned, the student MUST return the signed Credit Appeal Validation Sheet to the Attendance office (N111), no later than one (1) day after the completion of the hours.
8. Credit restoration options for credit appeals denied are as follows:
A. UT/Texas Tech Credit By Exam.
B. Grad lab
C. Summer School
Please see your counselor for more information regarding any of these options.
It is YOUR responsibility to check the status of your credit appeal in the Attendance office (N111). Phone calls and/or emails will not be accepted. Attendance is mandatory until the credit appeal hours and coursework have been successfully made up. Credit appeal hours must be completed by Friday, February 2, 2018.
Credit Appeals Overview:
· Submit Applications: Tuesday, January 16 – Friday, January 19 (Before school, after school, or during lunch)
· Credit Appeal Results: Results will be available starting Monday, January 22 – 26. Results can be picked up in the Attendance office (N111).
· Reappeal Submissions: No later than 4:00pm on Monday, November 23 to the Attendance office (N111). Results for the reappeal should be picked up no later than Friday, January 26.
· Credit Appeal Detention Begins: Monday, January 22 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. Please refer to the credit appeal validation sheet that you receive with your results for detention dates, times, and locations. **Note: You must complete the credit appeal detention hours in order to have your credits successfully restored.