The External Funding Titles I, II & IV Department provides guidance, training, and support to central-office and school-based personnel in the implementation of activities under the federal Title I, Part A grant (Improving Basic Programs for Economically Disadvantaged Students), the Title II, Part A grant (Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting) and the Title IV, Part A grant (Student Support and Academic Enrichment). All department efforts ensure that support is provided for schools and students with the greatest need and that the school district remains in compliance with fiscal and programmatic regulations.
School -Family - Parent -Compact
One aspect of the Title I Schools Parent and Family Engagement Policy is the School-Parent Compact. The Compact is developed jointly with parents and does the following:
- Outlines how families, school, staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and develop a partnership to help students achieve state standards
- Describes the school’s responsibility to provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables students to meet academic achievement standards
- Describes the parent’s responsibility for supporting learning (including volunteering in their child’s classroom) and participating in decisions relating to the education of their children; and
- Addresses the importance of communication between families and staff
Title I Meetings
- September 12, 2022 [English ]to inform parents and family members of their school’s participation in Title I and to explain the requirements and parents’ rights to be involved
- septiembre 12, 2022 [Espanol] para informar a los padres y miembros de la familia de la participación de su escuela en Título I y para explicar los requisitos y los derechos de los padres para participar
- September 13, 2022 [English] to inform parents and family members of their school’s participation in Title I and to explain the requirements and parents’ rights to be involved
- septiembre 13, 2022 [Espanol] para informar a los padres y miembros de la familia de la participación de su escuela en Título I y para explicar los requisitos y los derechos de los padres para participar
- September 19, 2022
- December 7, 2022 Titile I Parent Meeting - December 2022
- February 6, 2023 - Title I Parent Meeting - February 2023
- April 17, 2023 - Ttile I Parent Meeting - Spring annual meeting - April 2023
Title I Documents
- Fall 2022 Title I, Part A Program Annual Meeting - English-Spanish
- 2022-2023 Title I Program Status Notification
- 2022-2023 School Parent Family Compact2022-2023 School-Parent Compact
- Must be jointly developed by school and parents
- 2023-2024 Parent Family Engagement Policyt and Family Engagement Policy
- 2022-2023 District Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- “Title I Teacher and Paraprofessional Qualificationsofessional Qualifications” parent notification letter
- Explanation of HISD Curriculum/ Explicar currículo de HISD
- Explanation and Description of Assessments/ Descripción y explicación de las evaluaciones
Dear HISD parents and caregivers,
You are invited to complete the 2022-2023 HISD Title I, Part A Parent and Family Engagement Survey.
The purpose of this annual survey is to see how well your child’s school partners with you and encourages your family’s engagement in your child’s education.
The survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete, and all feedback is anonymous. If you have multiple children in HISD, you are asked to fill out a survey for each school your children currently attend.
The deadline to complete the survey is May 26, 2023.