The purpose of this Honor Code is to communicate the meaning and importance of academic integrity to all members of the school community and to articulate and support the interest of the community in maintaining the highest standards of conduct in student learning.
East Early College High School embodies a spirit of mutual trust and intellectual honesty that is central to the very nature of learning and represents the highest possible expression of shared values among the members of the school community.
The core values underlying and reflected in the Honor Code are:
- Academic honesty is demonstrated by students when the ideas and the writing of others are properly cited; students submit their own work for tests and assignments without unauthorized assistance; students do not provide unauthorized assistance to others; and students report their research or accomplishments accurately,
- Respect for others and the learning process to demonstrate academic honesty,
- Trust in others to act with academic honesty as a positive community-building force in the school,
- Responsibility is recognized by all to demonstrate their best effort to prepare and complete academic tasks,
- Fairness and equity are demonstrated so that every student can experience an academic environment that is free from the injustices caused by any form of intellectual dishonesty, and
- Integrity of all members of the school community as demonstrated by a commitment to academic honesty and support of our quest for authentic learning.
This Honor Code summarizes the Honor Policy, which defines the expected standards of conduct in academic affairs. East ECHS will not tolerate any violation of the Honor Code.