Early College High Schools (ECHS) are innovative high schools that allow students least likely to attend college an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and 60 college credit hours. Join in the fun by becoming a Falcon! At East Early College, we work hard, we play hard, and we are like a family. But this family will get you ready for college.
We are excited to welcome you to East Early College High School for the 2021-2022 school year.
We want you to know we are here for you. Please let us know if you are doing well or if you need anything via Remind. You will receive a Remind text message soon. Please feel free to contact us directly using Remind texts on your cell phone.
Please see below for our upcoming scheduled events. Due to COVID all events will be either virtual, or a prescheduled drive by event using Sign-up Genius.
- March 25th - Virtual Signing Day: Here is the PowerPoint from the event. Signing Day PowerPoint and VIDEO RECORDING
- March 27th – Registration Packet Pick-up: Saturday from 8:00am – 12:00pm come by the school to pick up your packet. East ECHS 220 N. Milby St., Houston, TX 77003. Click here to sign up.
- April 10th & 17th – Registration Day: Using Signup Genius, you will select a day and time to complete registration and turn in paperwork at East ECHS 220 N. Milby St. Houston, TX 77003. Click here to sign up. Please bring the items below:
- Parent Identification
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Vaccination /Immunization Record
- Cycle 4 Report Card (or most recent report card)
- HCC ID number (if available)
- Most current report card for school year 2019-2020
- Complete the Nurse's Student Health Information survey & HCC form (Cognito) -
- Click here to pay for Laptop (Per Laptop Agreement Form)
- June 22nd & 23rd - Laptop distribution: This is a drive-up event using signup Genius. Click here to sign up.
- June 28th – July 1st – Virtual Summer Bridge: 9:00am – 12:25 PM
- July 19th – July 22nd – TSI (Texas Success Initiative) testing for incoming students using signup Genius. Click here to sign up.
Please reach out via phone (713-847-4809) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. We are excited to welcome to our Falcon family.
East Early College High School
Step 2: ApplyTexas Application
It is important wthis step is complete to ensure students will be able to enroll in classes for Spring. Click here to access Apply Texas Application Guide presentation.
Students must create a www.ApplyTexas.org account prior to applying to HCC. They will need the following information to get started with their ApplyTexas Account:
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth (City, State, Country)
- Know if they are US Citizen (just “yes” or “no”)
- Permanent/ Home Address
- Phone number
- Emergency Contact information (Full Name and phone number)
- Student’s personal email address (must have access to email account; ApplyTexas will send student a link for email confirmation)
Step 3: HCC Application
Once students have completed their ApplyTexas account, they can create an HCC Application. The HCC ID/ W# will be emailed to provided email on applytexas.org account, within 24 hours of application submittal, during off peak registration. Students will need the following information for the HCC Application:
- Social Security Number (if applicable)
- If not a US Citizen, they will need to know their country of citizenship and VISA information, or other immigration status/ information (if applicable)
- If student is undocumented, additional immigration information may not be required.
The attached application guide, assist students apply to HCC’s Dual Credit Program after completing/ creating an applytexas.org account. It’s a guide and not all students will use the same responds for each section/ questions. For the most part, steps 1 – 8 should be fairly the same for all. Please advise the students to read each question carefully and answer to their best ability.
We do not verify responds entered, unless they discover a mistake after submitting their application that requires corrections to be made by HCC.
Step 4: Submit HCC ID to East ECHS
New applicants will have received an Acceptance Letter from HCC with their HCC Student ID/ W#, Assigned Number/ P# (if applicable), instructions to activate their account and complete NSO, and to notify their high school counselor they completed the NSO.
Step 6: Required HCC Orientation
Basic instructions: www.myeagle.hccs.edu > Select Student Sign In > Select Checklist tile > Select On-boarding Checklist > Select New Student Orientation
HCC Policy Checklist
- *Campus Carry Training, quiz
- *Title IX, quiz
- *Financial Responsibility, student acknowledges there is a financial responsibility
- *Update Contact Information, student can update contact information, or confirm information is correct
- TSIA Assessment - not required
- Transcript submission - not required
- Meningitis – not required, at this time - high school representative can turn in via smartsheet
- Career Interest Assessment – Student Program of interest
- *Online Orientation – required
- Campus Orientation – not required
Let me know if you have any question, or need assistance.
Your HCC Advisor,
HCC SE Fraga Campus, DC Success Coach
HCC Southeast College, Fraga Campus
301 N Drennan, Houston, TX 77003
After Summer Bridge: Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
The TSI Assessment (TSIA) is part of the Texas Success Initiative enacted by the Texas State Legislature and designed to determine a student’s readiness for college-level coursework in the general areas of reading, writing, and mathematics.
The TSIA, or one of its exemptions, has been required of Texas students entering a Texas college or university for nearly ten years. The TSIA is administered through the College Board’s Accuplacer digital platform. Universities, community colleges, school districts and high school campuses can request to administer the TSIA to students.