Here you will find SEL, Social Services, COVID-19 and Community related information and resources. This page will be updated weekly to help support East Early College High School families and the East Area Community. Please click on the BLUE LINKS for additional information.
Share Your Holidays: Register to Receive Food during the Holidays
Use Your SNAP EBT Card on Amazon Fresh
Customers with a registered SNAP EBT card can receive access to Amazon Fresh without the Prime membership fees.
Please open the attachments below for more information and a coupon for Amazon Fresh!
AMMA - Lawn Care for seniors and persons with disabilities
Free lawn care service is available to seniors and people with disabilities who can no longer maintain their front lawn.
Residents of Fifth Ward, Kashmere Gardens, and Near Northside areas are eligible.
Please call 832-393-6624 to join the program with the City of Houston.
Free Tax Preparation
- The Baker Ripley Neighborhood Tax Centers are now offering virtual tax preparation. They are also offering in person preparation at one of their 11 locations by appointment only. In order to keep everyone safe, social distancing and masks are required. All information on how to sign up can be found here: www.freetaxcenters.org
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Dating Matters: Strategies to Promote Healthy Teen Relationships
Teen dating violence prevention model developed by CDC to stop teen dating violence before it starts. Dating Matters is an evidence-based teen dating violence prevention model that includes prevention strategies for individuals, peers, families, schools, and neighborhoods. It focuses on teaching 11-14-year-olds healthy relationship skills before they start dating and reducing behaviors that increase the risk for dating violence, like substance abuse and sexual risk-taking. Visit the brochure for more information.
The Houston Food Bank
If you need food assistance, we are here to help:
- Find a Houston Food Bank partner near you or use the map below.
- Call our helpline at 832-369-9390
- Text FOOD to 855-308-2282 to find the nearest food pantry in the area.
- Apply for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) to help you purchase groceries and get referrals to other services such as utility assistance and rental assistance with help from our certified navigators How To Get Virtual Assistance (CAP)
- Submit your request for assistance and receive a call back
- Call the helpline at 832-369-9390
- P-EBT/P-SNAP is a one-time benefit for families that have lost access to free or reduced-price meals because of closures related to COVID-19. Find answers to frequently asked questions here: P-SNAP FAQs
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a one-time benefit for eligible families to buy food.
- How to apply for P-EBT: English | Spanish