2021/2022 Boys Soccer
7th and 8th grade boys at Lanier are eligible to tryout for the Lanier MS soccer team.
Updated information about tryouts will be posted in October. In the meantime review the information below.
- All paperwork must be filled out and submitted to the Register My Athlete website in order to participate in tryouts.
- You must indicate if you will use HISD athletic insurance or your own insurance to cover the student. If you choose HISD insurnace it will need to be purchased via school pay. This will be available when school starts.
- The required paperwork includes a sports physical. You can choose your own doctor but a local physician is partnering with Lanier to provide physicals. See info below.
Dr. Hopkins with Equity Urgent Care is offering free sports physicals for our Lanier community. The clinic is located in the new Target shopping center. They are also available for sports injuries and other health care needs.
Please check their website for availability. www.equityurgentcare.com
The Lanier Boys Soccer Team held off the Burbank Eagles in last Friday's match. Lucas Wood, Leighton Sillietoe and Jaden Arredondo scored goals in the victory and Rohan Nandi led the defense. It was an all around great performance by the Purple Pups.
Lanier 5 - 1 Victory over Burbank
Lanier 3 - 0 Victory over Stevenson
Lanier 3 - 0 Victory over the Grizzlies
Lanier vs Tanglewood ~ Images from the 5-3 victory
2021 Lanier Boys Soccer ~ Game & Practice Schedule (subject to change)
2021 Lanier Purple Pups Boys Soccer Roster
Francisco de Carvalho Jordao von Dirke
2021 Season Information
- Parents can't sit in the bleachers at the games. You'll be able to watch home games by sitting in the parking lot or standing on the sidewalk outside the fence.
- I will check with away game opponents to see if there will be a site from which parents can watch the games.
- All players will be able to dress out and attend home games, but playing time isn't guaranteed. I explained this to the boys at tryouts so they should understand.
- Playing time is earned each week based on performance.
- At the coaches meeting a few weeks ago, I was informed that only 16 players would be able to ride the bus to away games. These spots will be earned at each week.
- Afternoon practices will end by 5:45. Make plans to pick players up by that time.
- Morning practices will begin at 6:30.
2020-2021 BOYS SOCCER INFO
All the necessary paperwork must be filled out prior to trying out. This includes a sports physical to be completed by a physician. You will also need to provide insurance coverage for your athlete, or purchase HISD athletic insurance.Most athletics forms will be completed online this year through the UIL website Register my Athlete. Click the link below to get started
Tryout dates will be after Spring Break.
We've had to adjust the dates due to football season extending past Spring Break. The updated tryout dates are below.
Monday, April 5th from 4:15 to 6:15
Tuesday, April 6th from 4:15 to 6:15
Wednesday, April 7th from 4:15 to 6:15
Thursday, April 8th will be used as a tryout day if any of the earlier days are rained out.
AT THE TRYOUTS
Bring the following items:
- Shin Guards
- Practice gear (soccer shorts, shirt, warm-up jacket)
- Water Jug/water bottle
- face maskater bottle
PRACTICE DAYS & TIMES
To be determined
Will be released after Spring Break, but are subject to change.
Will run from mid to late April to mid May.
7th and 8th graders are eligible to participate.
You must be passing your classes in order to participate.
There is no guaranteed playing time for those students that are on the team.
Boys Soccer Coach
Lanier Middle School