VICTORY OVER THE GRIZZLIES
The Lanier Boys Soccer team earned a hard fought victory over the West Briar Grizzlies. "Man of the Match" Lucas Wood and Ian Vuong(2) scored goals in the 3 to 0 victory.
2021 Lanier Boys Soccer ~ Game & Practice Schedule (subject to change)
Lanier vs Tanglewood ~ Images from the 5-3 victory
2021 Lanier Purple Pups Boys Soccer Roster
Francisco de Carvalho Jordao von Dirke
2021 Season Information
- Parents can't sit in the bleachers at the games. You'll be able to watch home games by sitting in the parking lot or standing on the sidewalk outside the fence.
- I will check with away game opponents to see if there will be a site from which parents can watch the games.
- All players will be able to dress out and attend home games, but playing time isn't guaranteed. I explained this to the boys at tryouts so they should understand.
- Playing time is earned each week based on performance.
- At the coaches meeting a few weeks ago, I was informed that only 16 players would be able to ride the bus to away games. These spots will be earned at each week.
- Afternoon practices will end by 5:45. Make plans to pick players up by that time.
- Morning practices will begin at 6:30.
2020-2021 BOYS SOCCER INFO
All the necessary paperwork must be filled out prior to trying out. This includes a sports physical to be completed by a physician. You will also need to provide insurance coverage for your athlete, or purchase HISD athletic insurance.Most athletics forms will be completed online this year through the UIL website Register my Athlete. Click the link below to get started
Tryout dates will be after Spring Break.
We've had to adjust the dates due to football season extending past Spring Break. The updated tryout dates are below.
Monday, April 5th from 4:15 to 6:15
Tuesday, April 6th from 4:15 to 6:15
Wednesday, April 7th from 4:15 to 6:15
Thursday, April 8th will be used as a tryout day if any of the earlier days are rained out.
AT THE TRYOUTS
Bring the following items:
- Shin Guards
- Practice gear (soccer shorts, shirt, warm-up jacket)
- Water Jug/water bottle
- face maskater bottle
PRACTICE DAYS & TIMES
To be determined
Typically the practices days will be Monday through Thursday after school from 4:15 to 6:15 unless there is a game scheduled on that day.
Will be released after Spring Break, but are subject to change.
Will run from mid to late April to mid May.
7th and 8th graders are eligible to participate.
You must be passing your classes in order to participate.
There is no guaranteed playing time for those students that are on the team.
Boys Soccer Coach
Lanier Middle School