FCCLA - FAMILY, CAREER AND COMMUNITY LEADERS OF AMERICA
Purpose: The purpose of this club is to exchange knowledge about cooking and new recipes, enhance friendship, motivate sharing with community and promote a healthy life style through encouraging healthy eating/cooking habits.Description: FCCLA is a national career and technical student organization that provides personal growth, leadership development, and career preparation opportunities for students in family and consumer sciences education.
Membership: Membership is open to students that are in the NFS or Culinary Arts Program only. Club will not deny membership on the he basis of race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, color or national origin. On attending the "brain storming" meeting (first meeting of each month), club members are to bring their $5 dues.
When we Meet: Meetings are planned to be monthly. Meeting schedule for a semester will be determined at the first meeting of the semester depending on the member's schedule.
- Improve everything we touch
- Taste everything
- Commit to excellence
- Treat our members and each other with respect and dignity
- Create a positive and safe work environment
- Use the proper tool for the proper job
- Be accountable
- Uncompromising levels of sanitation and cleanliness
- Be clean and crisp
- Prepare kitchen and mental "mise en-place"
- Never lose a member
- Meticulously attend to every detail
- Educate and motivate
- Function as a team