Considered one of the oldest high schools in the state, Sam Houston Math, Science and Technology Center was originally founded in 1878 as the Houston Academy in downtown Houston. After changing names and locations several times, it was renamed Sam Houston High School in 1955 and relocated to its current site on Irvington Boulevard in north Houston. In 2008, the school was renamed Sam Houston Math, Science and Technology Center.
The comprehensive high school offers career pathways in Information Technology through linked learning, an approach that combines rigorous academics with real-world experiences.
Over the years, the school has undergone several renovations, most recently the addition of a new science and laboratory building to support the school’s mission to prepare students for college and careers.
Scope of Work
New school that incorporates the new science classroom and laboratory wing for 2,550-2,750 students.
Building foundation work and tilt wall panel erection are ongoing.