Mission and Vision
- The mission of the 6th Grade Excel Academy is to provide the academic, social, and emotional support necessary to ease the impact of transitioning to secondary education in a way that creates positive self-images and fosters an interconnected identity.
- We empower students to become global learners who realize academic success at all levels and take pride in the value of their individual contributions to the entire Burbank community.
- We foster a sense of belonging and inspire all students to nurture positive, mutually-rewarding relationships with teachers, administrators, support staff, and each other.
- We embrace all students with love and provide a safe environment wherein all children feel safe and valued.
- As stewards of excellence, the 6th Grade Excel Team is committed to providing outstanding, objective-driven instruction, meeting the unique needs of all students, and modeling a growth-mindset that encourages children to be actively engaged in developing into well-rounded, compassionate citizens of their community and the world at large.