Stipend Pay for New Teacher Summer
Newly hired, full time classroom teachers* can earn $100 for completing each strand of New Teacher Summer, for a maximum stipend payment of $300.
Strand A ($100) + Strand B ($100) + Strand C ($100) = $300.00
Strand A)** HISD Onboarding requires completion of
- New Employee Orientation (NEO) -and-
- Teacher Appraisal and Development System (TADS)
(Available during New Teacher Summer and during New Teacher Academy)
Strand B)** Welcome to HISD requires completion of
- Campus Orientation -and-
- A minimum of three HISD Best Practices choice sessions
- First Days of School or Designing with Technology in Mind (Tuesday, August 10)
- Effective Practice Summit (Four scheduled offerings on Wednesday, August 11)
- Department Choice Sessions (Four scheduled offerings on Friday, August 13)
- CLICK HERE TO BEGIN SELF PACED COURSES.
(All these trainings are part of New Teacher Academy Week. To see which courses meet the requirement for Strand B please visit the FAQs on the NTA page.)
Strand C)** Introduction to HISD Curriculum requires completion of
(This training is part of New Teacher Academy Week. You can register for your content session on Sched.)
For more information check the New Teacher Academy page and Sched. New teachers are welcome to attend additional session(s), by choice, but will not be compensated as part of the New Teacher Summer stipend.
* Although welcome to attend. new hires are not eligible to recieve a stipend for NTA if they are not a full-time classroom teacher of record (i.e., associate teachers, lecturers, instructional specialists). Librarians and Nurses participate in a modified New Teacher Academy and are eligible for stipend.
**In order to receive payment, trainings must be completed prior to the start of the duty schedule (August 16, 2021) and you must be an active HISD employee in your assigned job role for the 21-22 SY when the payment is issued.