The Office of the Controller ensures that the District's business operations and financial systems enable stakeholders to have timely access to financial data using best business practices while maintaining proper internal controls which allow for the accountable disposition of public funds.
The Office of the Controller is responsible for:
- The collection and reporting of resources - primarily tax collections, state foundation program revenues and school lunch revenues
- The proper recording of expenditures to budgetary accounts of the District
- Investment of all available funds in accordance with the District's Cash Management and Investment Policy
- State and Federal financial reporting
- Payroll tax reporting
- Timely financial information for stakeholders