The HISD Board of Education adopted a tax rate of $1.1367 per $100 of taxable value for tax year 2019 during its regular monthly meeting on September 12, 2019.
This rate includes a “maintenance and operations” component of $0.97 and a “debt-service” component of $0.1667.
The 2019 HISD tax rate of $1.1367 is lower than last year's rate.
Taxes may increase on a home if the appraisal district certified value of the home increased this year over last year.
For more information, call 713-556-6668 or 713-556-6580.
Houston Independent School District taxes are collected by the Harris County Tax Office (HCTO).
All HISD tax payments should be remitted to the Harris County Tax Office (HCTO), and all inquiries related to taxpayer accounts should be directed to the HCTO at 713-274-8000. The main address of the Harris County Tax Office is 1001 Preston, Houston, Texas, 77002.
Basic information about HISD taxes:
- Homestead tax exemption: $25,000 plus 20 percent of appraised value
- Additional exemption of $15,000 for homeowners age 65 and older, or disabled
- There are additional exemptions for disabled veterans. Contact the Harris County Appraisal District at 713-957-7800 for more information.
Other useful tax rate resources
- Harris County Appraisal District at: http://www.hcad.org/search/jurisdictions/
- Harris County Tax Office at: https://www.hctax.net/Property/JurisdictionTaxRates
How is this calculated?
Disclaimer: The estimates above are based on information that you have provided and are calculated using a hypothetical example. Assumes that the home has a homestead exemption. HISD does not warrant or certify the accuracy of any values or tax amounts on this page.