The Houston Independent School District has created several Virtual Learning Options to help students in grades 7 - 12 succeed with online courses. These programs are monitored by the Houston ISD Virtual School Department, which was established in April 2000, and currently serves two essential functions in the district:
- Providing high quality on-line instructional courses to students within HISD and across the globe
- Assisting in the coordination, implementation, and oversight of online programs throughout the district such as:
- Graduation Labs, and
- Texas Virtual School Network (TxVSN)
- Virtual School Tuition Program
- Adult Online Courses for High School Completion
- Texas Connections Academy @ Houston ISD
Enrollment and Payment
STEP 1: Parents and students must meet with the school counselor to have courses approved. The counselor approves by signing the Enrollment Form.
STEP 2: Make your payment online by visiting our SchoolPay site
STEP 3: Send an email with a legible copy of enrollment form and payment receipt to VSDEnrollments@Houstonisd.org.
Title your email: NEW ENROLLMENT FOR (Student Name)
ENROLLMENT DEADLINE: Wednesday of every week
Start Date: Monday of the following week
**We reserve the right to deny enrollment in a course through the Virtual School Department Tuition Based Program.**