HISD Now Hiring for the 2013-14 School Year!
HISD is now recruiting highly-qualified teachers for the 2013-14 school year to help us fulfill our mission of providing each and every one of our students with an excellent education. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online here by the Early Bird application date of January 14, 2013, to have the best chance of securing an early contract for the 2013-14 school year.
“If you’re a passionate, committed teacher with high expectations for your students, then you’ll fit right in here at HISD,” Chief Human Resources Officer Rodney Watson commented. “This is truly one of the best places in the country to be a teacher, and I urge you to take the first step toward joining our team by submitting your application today.”
- A streamlined, user-friendly application form that gives applicants access to a network of nearly 300 diverse schools
- Information about recruitment incentives of up to $5000 for teachers in critical shortage areas
- A frequently updated list of all the teaching opportunities currently available
- Answers to frequently asked questions about compensation and certification
- Testimonials from award-winning teachers about what it means to teach in HISD
All teachers in HISD receive regular support and feedback from school leaders, individualized development opportunities, competitive compensation starting at $45,887, and a generous benefits package. Teachers can also receive performance bonuses of up to $13,000 per year.
To refer someone who may be interested in becoming a teacher with HISD, please complete an applicant referral form. We hope you’ll join us in building on the strong foundation our teachers have already laid by helping us spread the word.