HISD is currently registering 3- and 4-year-olds for Pre-K for the 2020-2021 school year.
Parents have the option to choose either virtual or in-person instruction during the 2020-21 school year. Parents may change their selection after each six-week grading period.
Here are the steps to start registration:
- Click on the list of schools below to find a school with a prekindergarten program
- Next, visit https://www.houstonisd.org/enroll now to start the online registration form for Pre-K
- You will need to submit the following documents: proof of parent identity (ex: driver’s license), proof of child identity (ex: birth certificate), proof of residence (ex: utility bill), and shot records
- For assistance, you can call the school directly
- For information about the 3-year-old policy click here
- To find a school near you, visit https://www.houstonisd.org/_findAschool
For more information about the pre-K Enrollment process for the 2021-2022 school year, click on this link https://www.houstonisd.org/magnet.
Early childhood education offers our youngest learners strong foundations built on solid concepts, as well as individual and group discovery.HISD has 155 elementary campuses with Pre-K that provide nurturing environments for young learners to reach their highest potential, as well as 8 Early Childhood Centers (ECC) which cater specifically to our youngest learners. If space is available, tuition-based Pre-K is accessible for students who do not meet eligibilty requirements to attend prekindergarten.