HISD offers prekindergarten on a tuition basis to students who do not meet the eligibility requirements to attend prekindergarten for free. To read the eligibility requirements, click here.Tuition-based optionIf the campus you select offers a tuition-based Pre-K option, please note the following:
- All students applying for a tuition-based prekindergarten option must complete an application at their school.
- The 2023-2024 tuition amount is $6,484 or 9 payments of $720.453 each month.
- Payment is on the 1st of the month. The payment is considered late after the 15th of the month, at which time a $25 late fee is assessed.
- Failure to pay within specified timelines will result in the student's withdrawal from the program. HISD will not send monthly bills to parents/guardians.
- Payment may be submitted to the school office staff in check, money order, or through SchoolPay at www.schoolpay.com online. No credit cards are accepted at this time. Checks must clearly indicate the parents' name, address, phone number and name of the student. Non-local personal checks or second party checks will not be accepted.
- Checks returned for non-payment will result in a fee of $35 per HISD Check Acceptance Policy.
- Year-end tuition statements will be provided upon request.
- Parent/guardian must complete the Parent/District Agreement for Full Day Pre-K Tuition.