HISD offers prekindergarten on a tuition basis to students who do not meet the eligibility requirements to attend prekindergarten for free. To read the eligibility requirements, click here.Tuition-based optionIf the campus you select offers a tuition-based Pre-K option, please note the following:
- All students registering for a tuition-based prekindergarten option must have a completed application for student transfer and prekindergarten application on file as documentation of the student’s non-eligible status.
- The 2019-2020 tuition amount has yet to be confirmed for the upcoming school year. To learn more about payment options, click here.
- Tuition-based enrollment should not begin prior to May 31, 2019.
- Payment is due by the 15th of the month. The payment is considered late after the 15th of the month, at which time a $25 late fee is assessed.
- Failure to pay within specified timelines will result in the student's’ withdrawal from the program. HISD will not send monthly bills to parent/guardians.
- Payment may be received in check form, money order, or through SchoolPay online. No credit cards are accepted at this time. Checks must clearly indicate the parents' name, address, phone number and name of student. No non-local personal checks or second party checks will be accepted.
- Checks returned for non-payment will result in a fee of $35 per HISD Check Acceptance Policy.
- Year-end tuition statements will be provided upon request.
- Parent/guardian must complete the Parent/District Agreement for Full Day Pre-K Tuition.