Use the following reflection questions to guide thinking around the effective practices. They can be used individually or to facilitate conversation during PLCs, department meetings or as an entire faculty.
- In what ways do you use formative and summative assessments to inform student progress?
- How can you adopt methods of tracking student progress to match your instructional approach and impact student learning?
- In what ways do you envision your students articulating performance and progress relative their annual goal(s)? Give an example of what one of your students might say.
- How can you use information gained through analysis of student progress data at key points during the year to determine the effectiveness of past instruction and diagnose why students did or did not master objectives?
- How does collecting and tracking student data impact your ability to provide effective instruction?