As the district’s leader, I am excited to announce the following five district priorities that will guide and shape our decisions, allocation of resources, and actions moving forward. These priorities are a direct reflection and response to what I’ve learned and heard from our students, parents, staff, and community.
- Cultivating World-Class Talent at all Levels - We will implement an ambitious, comprehensive strategy to recruit, develop, and retain effective and caring teachers, principals, and support staff.
- Providing Equitable Opportunities and Resources at Every School - We will ensure that every school provides a quality family and student core experience that supports the development of the whole child.
- Promoting High-Quality Teaching and Learning - We will provide engaging and rigorous curriculum and instruction that bolsters academic performance.
- Ensuring Great Schools and Programs in Every Community - We will accelerate student performance through bold, innovative actions at persistently underperforming schools.
- Delivering Effective Services and Supports to Students with Exceptional Needs - We will implement high-quality systems and services that increase achievement for students with specialized needs, including students with disabilities and English language learners.
I am confident that by focusing on these priorities as a community, we will become a better school district that provides its students and families with the outstanding educational opportunities that they need and deserve.