Adult Online Course for High School Completion
The HISD Virtual School Department, and the HISD Federal and State Compliance Department have developed a program that provides adult students a second chance at earning a high school diploma. Students have access to their courses 24 hours a day, seven days a week; this program is only available to previous Houston ISD students.
- Prospective students must contact and meet with Allease Shepard or Travis Hunt in the HISD Federal and State Compliance Department. Call Inactive Student Records at 713-556-6744 to make an appointment.
- Last school attended must be a Houston ISD high school
- Student must be older than 21 years of age
- Student must not require more than four-semester courses to graduate
- Student must complete one course at a time
- All Payments must be made in the form of a Money Order, payable to HISD – Virtual School Dept.
- OR online via Schoolpay - AOC Regular Tuition Payment (Convenience Fees Apply)
- Tuition is $160.00 per semester course
- Must have access to a computer with Internet connection
- Must have basic computer skills (typing, copy & paste, navigate the Internet, sending and receiving emails, send and receive emails with attachments, etc.)
- Must log on to the course, complete and submit assignments on a regular basis
- Must complete courses within the required time frame
- Must complete all assignments presented in the online classroom
- Must complete a proctored (supervised) final exam