Online Final Exam Testing
The Virtual School Department, in collaboration with Proctor U, wants to provide the best online learning experience by providing an online testing opportunity for your final exam.
To participate, you must have the following:
- A reliable Internet connection
- A student picture ID
- A web-cam
You will have 240 minutes to complete your assessment. After completing your final exam with ProctorU, please allow 5-7 business days for your final grade to be processed and sent to your school’s registrar. You will see a final course grade appear on your APEX account.
During the exam, you may not use any notes, and you must complete your exam in the time allowed.
If you are interested in the online option, you must schedule your exam with a 72 hours notice, and email your teacher of record a confirmation of the final exam date so that the exam is made available.
Please visit Proctor U to create your account today!
Remember to select “Houston Independent School District” as your institution.
Copy and paste the link in your browser if it does not open: https://go.proctoru.com/students/users/new
Please log in at your earliest convenience to schedule your exam.
Watch our Pre Exam Checklist video, so you are fully prepared for your exam session.
Please call ProctorU at 855-772-8678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
NOTE: If you’d rather complete your final exam in person, please contact your school counselor and arrange final exam testing on your campus.
Your counselor must email your online teacher of record confirming the date and time of testing and submit the Proctor Form along with your completed final exam through email. Please be sure to review the Proctor Guidelines and Proctor Guidelines for Students. The Final Exam Request must be made at least three days in advance and must be made via email from a business email server, not from a public email provider such as Google, Hotmail, or yahoo, just to name a few.
All students are required to have a proctored final exam under the supervision of a campus official, a Virtual School Department representative, or an online proctor.Testing Conditions:
- Testers must show a picture ID at time of testing (online or at the physical location)
- Testers must complete the final exam within 240 minutes or less and in one sitting unless instructed otherwise.
- Testers are allowed using written or printed notes during the final exam.
- Includes: Charts and formulas provided with the exam
Furthermore, the final exam is worth 25% of the course grade, and the student must earn a 60 or more on the final in order to process grades.
- Testers are not allowed to use any electronic devices during the final exam testing (e.g., cell phone, portable CD player or any MP3 players)
- Exception: A calculator, scientific calculator, or graphic calculator, or computer