HISD is currently accepting Pre-K applications for 3- and 4-year-olds for the 2021-2022 school year.
Here are the steps to start the application:
- Click on the list of schools below to find a school with a prekindergarten program
- Next, visit the School Choice website now to start the online application for Pre-K
- You will need to submit the following documents: proof of parent identity (ex: driver’s license), proof of child identity (ex: birth certificate), proof of residence (ex: utility bill), and shot records
- For assistance, you can call the Office of School Choice at 713-556-6734 or email email@example.com
- For information about the 3-year-old policy click here
- To find a school near you, visit the Find a School page
Early childhood education offers our youngest learners strong foundations built on solid concepts, as well as individual and group discovery.
HISD has 154 elementary campuses with Pre-K that provide nurturing environments for young learners to reach their highest potential, as well as 8 Early Childhood Centers (ECC) which cater specifically to our youngest learners. If space is available, tuition-based Pre-K is accessible for students who do not meet eligibilty requirements to attend prekindergarten.