HISD is currently registering 3- and 4-year-olds for Pre-K for the 2020-2021 school year. Parents have the option to choose either virtual or in-person instruction during the 2020-21 school year. Parents may change their selection after each six-week grading period.
Here are the steps to start registration:
- Click on the list of schools below to find a school with a prekindergarten program
- Next, visit the HISD Enroll Online page now to start the online registration form for Pre-K
- You will need to submit the following documents: proof of parent identity (ex: driver’s license), proof of child identity (ex: birth certificate), proof of residence (ex: utility bill), and shot records
- For assistance, you can call the school directly
- For information about the 3-year-old policy click here
- To find a school near you, visit the Find a School page
For information about the Pre-K enrollment process for the 2021-2022 school year, visit the School Choice page.
Early childhood education offers our youngest learners strong foundations built on solid concepts, as well as individual and group discovery.HISD has 154 elementary campuses with Pre-K that provide nurturing environments for young learners to reach their highest potential, as well as 8 Early Childhood Centers (ECC) which cater specifically to our youngest learners. If space is available, tuition-based Pre-K is accessible for students who do not meet eligibilty requirements to attend prekindergarten.