The City of Houston, Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Houston Independent School District, Port Houston, Houston Community College, and Houston First Corporation has teamed together for the Interagency Mentor Protégé Program (IMPP). IMPP exists to strengthen effective working relationships and fosters long term stability between established companies and local agencies with emerging historically underutilized businesses. The goals of IMPP is to enhance the business skills and broaden the base of historically underutilized businesses by providing the knowledge and experience of established firms.
- Understanding your business financials and bidding
- Create and strengthen working relationships between established and emerging companies
- Understanding of how to do business with local government agencies
- Technical Assistance in specific areas for protégés
- Currently certified as a Small, Women-owned, Veteran-owned, Minority-owned or Disadvantaged Business Enterprise by The City of Houston or METRO Small Business or hold a current registration from the Port Houston, HISD, HCC, or Houston First
- Business in continuous operation for at the last 24 months
- Annual business revenue average between $150,000 and $4.0 million in the past three years
- Business with a minimum of four employees
- Must be able to commit to nine workshops
- Must be able to identify the type of guidance needed for development
- Note: You may be asked to submit documents to verify or add to information on your application. Failure to submit verifying documents could result in the disqualification of your application.
PLEASE NOTE: *IMPP is neither designed nor intended to meet any legal standards set by federal, state, local or other public agencies. Participation in IMPP IS NOT a guarantee of a contracting opportunity with any participating or sponsoring organization.*