Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge
HISD students are joining learners from over 30 countries participating in the annual Bebras Computing Challenge on November 7-18, 2016. Bebras is a 15-question, 45-minute challenge that aims to promote student interest in Computational Thinking.
HISD had the largest number of participants in the entire country in 2015 and we look forward to an even larger number of students taking part in the challenge this November!
Why participate in the Bebras Challenge?
· Expose students to Computational Thinking as a fundamental way of problem solving.
· Get students excited about computing and improve their problem-solving and critical thinking skills in order to prepare them for tomorrow’s competitive job market.
· Increase student interest in taking computer science courses that can prepare them for in-demand, highly paid careers in computer science.
Who can participate?
Useful Links:Registration page (teachers have to register first, before students can participate)Participate and tweet about it #HISD #bebraschallenge.
- Any student age 8-18 can participate
- All teachers can sign up their classes to take this 45-minute problem solving challenge NOT just technology or computer science teachers