Is your child enrolled in a center for Early Childhood Intervention (ECI)?
- The ECI case manager will invite you to a transition meeting with representatives from HISD to discuss the evaluation and eligibility process.
- You will receive a call from the Child Find Clerk with the date, time, and location for the assessment.
- If your child is tested, the evaluation team and/or the Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) completes the evaluation.
- Following the evaluation, you will be invited to a meeting to review the results and possible Special Education service options at an HISD school close to your home.
- Your child’s HISD case manager will be your contact throughout this process.