Is your child enrolled in a Head Start?
- Discuss your concerns and ask questions about your child’s overall development in comparison to others in the classroom.
- If you and the teacher feel a formal evaluation is needed to identify a disability, contact your neighborhood school in HISD.
- The HISD school will then convene an IAT meeting to consider your request.
- The IAT coordinator will ask you to formally consent to the evaluation or the IAT may formally issue a Prior Written Notice of Refusal to Evaluate in a prompt, timely manner.
- The campus IAT coordinator will be your contact throughout this process.
*The process described above must be completed within 15-school days of your request.