Apply early and submit all required documents
- Essay – The essay question is a key part of your application. Respond to the writing prompt thoroughly with at least the minimum number of words required. Proofread for sentence structure, grammar, spelling, and tone before submission.
- Resumé – Outline your academic history, previous achievements, and commitment to your community. Specify dates of employment, volunteer work, description of responsibilities, and an account of accomplishments.
- References – Include at least three references who can attest to your work ethic. At least one should be a supervisor from your most recent employment. Candidates without a work history may substitute professors/advisors for references.
Recent Graduate Applicant
- Official transcripts stating the degree awarded
- Contact your recruiter upon submission
Alternative Certification Program Applicant
- Official transcripts stating degree awarded
- Statement of Eligibility/Letter of Eligibility for the current school year upon receipt
Out-of-State Certified Applicant
- Educators seeking certification in Texas must apply for a review of credentials through the Texas Education Agency (TEA). • Log on to the TEA website for additional information: TEA.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification
- Proof of out-of-state teacher certification
- Official transcript stating the degree awarded
- Pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Academic Credential evaluation of foreign transcripts
- Statement of Eligibility/Letter of Eligibility from an Alternative Certification Program (ACP)
** Note: All required documents must be uploaded in the online application to the Supplemental Document Upload.