- How can I help my students read difficult texts?
- How do I help them remember what they read?
- How can I motivate them to read with purpose?
Why It Works
- Students build reading competence and confidence as they read a variety of challenging but comprehensible texts in each content area.
- Students are able to make sense of more challenging text with teacher scaffolding, frequent processing, and peer support.
- A research-based pre-reading ritual prepares students to integrate new information, and the gradual release model provides scaffolding before students are released to read independently.