• How do I obtain a replacement diploma?

    A graduate who wishes to obtain a replacement copy of his or her high-school diploma must first obtain a copy of his or her transcript from Inactive Records (see "Transcripts" for details) and present it to the registrar at his or her individual high school. Click here for a list of high-school registrars.

    Each high school has its own policies and procedures for obtaining copies of diplomas, but most charge a fee between $30 and $35 and require 6-8 weeks to process the request.

    Do I really need a duplicate diploma?

    In many cases, the answer is no.

    If the only reason you want one is to provide proof of graduation to a potential employer, then you should know that a duplicate diploma is not considered an official document. Diplomas are considered commemorative items, whose function is primarily ceremonial.

    For proof of graduation, you will need to obtain a certified copy of your high-school transcript, which can be obtained free of charge from your high school's registrar.

    Please note: Replacement diplomas are not reproductions of the original documents issued. Replacement diplomas will be signed by the current principal and superintendent of schools at the time the request is processed, which may be different from those who were in office when the degree was actually obtained.