Steps To Enroll for 2020-2021
Please note: Being that the magnet deadline has passed, we are only enrolling zoned students.
Step 1 : Verify that your home address is within the Durkee Elementary School Zone by following this link: https://www.houstonisd.org/_findaschool
Step 2 : Once you have verified that Durkee is your zoned school, please fill out the enrollment packet.
The packet consists of the following items:
- Enrollment Information Sheet
- Home Language Survey
- Ethnicity Form
- Family Survey
- Student Travel Questionnaire
- Code of Student Conduct
- Military Connected Survey
- Privacy Code
- Socioeconomic Information Form
- Student Assistance Questionnaire
- Additional Contacts
- Health Inventory
- Food Allergy
In addition to these forms, you will need to scan the following items:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Complete Immunization Records (Student's name, birth date and doctor should appear on the records)
- Proof of Address: (Home: Electric, Gas or Water Bill) (Apartment: Lease contract)
- Report card (All students enrolling in grades Kinder-5 must provide the most recent report card.
- Parent or Legal guardian's Driver's License
Step 3 : Email the enrollment packet along with the appropriate documents (birth certificate, immunizations, grades, proof of residency in the school zone and social security card) to : Alma.Salazar@houstonisd.org
Tip: You may take a screenshot or clear image of the enrollment packet/ documents if you do not have access to a printer. Scanner apps can also be useful and can be downloaded to your smart device by searching for "Scanner" in your device's app store.
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre el proceso de registro o necesita ayuda en español, póngase en contacto con Alma Salazar - Alma.Salazar@houstonisd.org o 713-487-7050.