What is Level UP?
Level Up is an accelerated overage program that is designed to close academic performance gaps by addressing students’ speciﬁc skill deﬁcits while empowering them to return to their original cohorts. The target audience is 2nd through 4th grade students who are overage for grade and who aim for mid-year promotion. Our Level Up goal is to provide intervention supports that will assist with academic skills deﬁcits and reduce the risks of academic retention. The Level Up Implementation Model can be delivered through a scheduled Intervention Block, a blended learning approach, tutoring, or an after-school/before-school program. Elementary leaders have the adaptability, ﬂexibility, and responsibility to design the program
to ﬁt eligible overage student’s needs.
- Partnership with various Instructional Management Systems (IMS) will ensure accountability, differentiated instruction, and progress monitoring.
- Motivation strategies will help students with their self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Collaboration with area offices, principals, and campus coordinators.
Level UP Program Guidelines
- Must be a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th that have been retained at least one academic year
- Must maintain a 70 or above average in all subject areas
- Must be enrolled in an intervention block
- Must have satisfactory attendance
- Must have a signed parent/guardian agreement form
- Must select an overage campus coordinator
- Must attend Level Up Professional Development
- Must hold a parent/guardian Level Up campus orientation
- Must track, monitor, and document student progress
- Utilize the Cumulative Learning Profile (CLPs) to track students’ learning
- Must hold Grade Placement Committee meetings prior to mid-year promotions
Houston ISD Level-Up
4400 West 18th Street
Houston, TX 77092
Senior Special Populations Program Specialist
Houston ISD Level-Up Clerk
Really Great Reading (* Second Grade Only)
Imagine Learning (* Campus Cost)