Elementary Overage Program
Level-Up Program is designed to assist students that are overaged in grades 2-4 with grade-level acceleration.
- Partnership with Imagine Learning will ensure accountability, differentiated instruction, and progress monitoring.
- Motivation strategies will help students with their self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Collaboration with area offices, principals, and campus coordinator.
- Must be a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, grader that has been retained at least one academic year
- Student must be able to complete all lessons in the Imagine Math and Imagine literacy default pathway developed for the current and next grade level
- Must maintain a 70 or above average in all subject areas
- Must select an overage campus coordinator
- Must track and monitor student progress
- Utilize the CLPs to track students’ learning
- Must hold Grade Placement Committee meetings prior to mid-year promotions
- Intervention Blocks
- Saturday School
- After School/Before School
- Independent Work (during non-school
- Virtual Open Lab via Teams
The mission of Level-Up is to accelerate learning for students that are overage in Grades 2– up an effort to reunite them with their cohort.
Work with identified students to provide accelerate interventions that will allow them to master state mandated learning objectives and advance one grade level by beginning of the second semester.
Houston ISD Level-Up Initiative
4400 West 18th Street
Houston, TX 77092
Officer, Special Populations
Dr. Khalilah Campbell
Director, Special Populations
Senior Special Populations Program Specialist