Elementary thru High School Overage Program
Level-Up is being launched by the Office of Special Populations to assist overaged students in grades 2-4, 6-8, and 9-11 with grade level acceleration.
- Partnership with Imagine Learning will ensure accountability, differentiated in-struction and progress monitoring.
- Motivation strategies will help students with their self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Collaboration with area offices, principals and campus coordinator.
- Must be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th , 6th, 7th, or 9-11th grader that has been retained at least one academic year
- Student must be able to complete all as-signments in the Imagine Math and Imagine literacy customized pathway developed for the current and next grade level
- Must maintain a 70 or above average for Imagine assignments
- Must select an overage campus coordinator
- Must track and monitor student progress
- Utilize the CLPs to track students’ learning
- Must hold Grade Placement Committee meetings prior to mid year promotions
- Intervention Blocks
- Saturday School
- After School/Before School
- Independent Work (during non school
- Virtual Open Lab via Teams
The mission of Level-Up is to accelerate learning for overage student in Grades 2– up an effort to reunite them with their cohort.
Work with identified students to provide accelerate interventions that will allow them to master state mandated learning objectives and advance one grade level by beginning of the second semester.
Houston ISD Level-Up Initiative
4400 West 18th Street
Houston, TX 77092
Officer, Special Populations
Dr. Khalilah Campbell
Senior Special Populations Program Specialist
Academics Program Manager
Virtual Instruction Program Manager