Exotic Pop is proud to partner with HISD to offer scholarships to students interested in pursuing business and entrepreneurship!
ABOUT THE EXOTIC POP SCHOLARSHIPS
Houston-based company Exotic Pop is known worldwide as the “Unique Beverage Boutique,” offering rare, hard-to-find flavors of beverages and snacks that are sourced from all over the globe. Charleston Wilson, a serial entrepreneur since kindergarten, is invested in helping young people build generational wealth through entrepreneurism.
The Exotic Pop Scholarships, named after their founder Charleston Wilson and his mother, Donnie Franklin, will provide scholarships to graduating seniors in HISD, interested in pursuing business and entrepreneurship. Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to one male and one female student.
For additional information about Exotic Pop, please visit www.exoticpop.com.
Exotic Pop Educational Workshop
This workshop is a requirement for students applying to this scholarship. The workshop will be held on March 13th and March 17th. Students will only be required to attend one of the two sessions. The link for students to register for the March 13th, 2021 workshop is below. The link is also the same link that students will use to access the workshop on March 13, 2021 at 10:00 A.M.. The link to access for the Virtual Workshop on March 17th, 2021 will be emailed after the event on March 13, 2021.
You can register for the workshop at:
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to apply:
Scholarship Application Requirements
- HISD high school senior
- Must be interested in pursuing business or entrepreneurship
- Applied to a college, university, or two-year community college program
- Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- The application must be completed in its entirety.
- An official high school transcript must be submitted.
- Proof of admission to a college or university, if selected.
- Must attend an educational workshop with Exotic Pop on either March 13th or 17th. Links will be sent out to all applicants closer to the scheduled workshop.
- Response to Supplemental Questions (500 word max):
How to Apply
- Describe an idea for your business. What is your mission/vision? Who is your target customer?
What makes your product or service unique?
- What sort of support do you think you need to implement your idea?
- Why are you choosing to continue your education by attending college?
Development and Donor Relations
4400 West 18th Street
Level I, SE
Houston, Texas 77092-8501
Director, Development and Donor Relations
Jessica Y. Diaz
Partnership Liaison, Development and Donor Relations