1. Turn on the hotspot
2. Click the Settings icon
3. Go to Network options and click Tethering
4. Go to Wi-Fi hotspot
5. Click Set up Wi-Fi-hotspot
6. You can update the name and password, Click Save.
7. Turn the Hotspot funtion On
Once you have successfully registered, follow these steps to log into the Parent Portal:
Contact your teacher or shcool for assistance with:
Contact the HISD Service Desk for assistance with:
1. Click on the invite link.
2. When the browser opens, click on "Join on the web instead"
NOTE: For the best experience use Google Chrome
3. Enter your name.
4. Turn on your mic and camera if necessary. (If you browser asks for permission to use the mic and / or camera, select Yes)
5. You will enter the waiting room. Wait for the teacher / presenter to allow you into the meeting.
Students: Log in to the HUB from a remote (non-HISD) location
The HUB can be accessed from any device or location.
If you are still unable to login, please clear the browser cache, restart the computer and then login.
1. Once you are signed into the HUB, click on Digital Resources:
2. Digital Resources will take you to the Clever app. From here, you can select the resource that you need:
Defragment and Optimize Your Drives
Optimizing your hard drive on a regular basis helps your computer run more efficiently by cleaning out unnecessary files and clearing up storage space.
Note: You can also schedule this process to occur automatically (daily, weekly, monthly, etc)
If you're using an HP laptop and are unable to use your microphone/speaker/webcam with Microsoft Teams, try the following:
Teams should now detect the microphone or webcam
Method 1 – Universal Settings
Method 2 – Site Settings
This method may also be helpful if the universal settings don't work.