The mission of the HISD Department of Library Services is to provide integrated services enabling schools to enhance the quality of instruction and instructional delivery to improve student achievement, information literacy, and facilitate a 21st century learning environment. As information professionals we will ensure that all HISD students are prepared to be good digital citizens.
HISD Campus Library CatalogsHISD Library Services uses the Follett Destiny library management system.Click on the icon below to access your campus catalog:
News and Announcements
**NOW HIRING - Library Specialist**
Library Services is looking to fill one of our Library Specialist vacancies. If you believe you would be an asset to the Department of Library Services and HISD school libraries, please apply or share with someone you know who might be interested.
The position has been posted on Applitrack:
The role of Library Specialist does require an MLS and duties include:
- Supporting assigned Elementary campuses
- Assisting district-wide users with digital resource support
- Assisting with the social media accts. of the Library Services Dept.
- Leading the 3-6 NTB competition
- Having technology driven knowledge and skills
- Being a team player and working seamlessly with the Dept. of Library Services and other relevant departments
- Having strong customer service skills
- Conducting copyright review of Elementary curriculum documents and HUB courses
Please keep in mind that Open Transfer Pd. Is 4/26 – 5/28. Please be sure to include professional references, including former managers/supervisors and latest TADS/NTAS appraisal.
myOn Resources now available:
Videos of the NTB Finals are ready for viewing!21st Century Library from Houston ISDHISD Libraries on Twitter.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 Name That Book contest for high school.1st place - Carnegie HS2nd place - HSPVA3rd place - Bellaire HSCongratulations to the winners of the 2019 Name That Book contest for middle school.1st place - TH Rogers Middle School2nd place - Garden Oaks Montessori3rd place - West Briar Middle SchoolCongratulations to the winners of the 2019 Name That Book contest for 3-6.1st place - Bush Elementary2nd place - Condit Elementary3rd place - Horn Elementary