TEAL enables users to request secure access to and to manage their user account and profile information for common TEA applications such as:
- TSDS Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS)
- TSDS Unique Identification (UID),
- TSDS/UID Enrollment Tracking (UID/ET)
- Texas Records Exchange (TREx)
Texas Records Exchange (TREx)
Texas Records Exchange (TREx) is the name selected for the electronic student record system required by House Bill 1. The bill was passed by the 3rd special session of the 79th Texas legislature.
Modifying or Removing Access
- Contact Cynthia Nemons, firstname.lastname@example.org, if there is a change in the persons authorized on the campus to receive records using TREx.
- A staff that leaves one HISD campus and moves to another HISD campus must get a new authorization for the new campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many TREx users is a campus required to have? In HISD, it is highly recommended that each principal designate at least a primary and backup TREx user.
- What are the advantages of using TREx to send and receive student records? School registrars and those with a TREx role can use the application to electronically request and receive student records and transcripts from Texas schools within and outside of HISD. Additionally, high school registrars can use TREx to send transcripts to institutions of higher education who subscribe to the UT SPEEDE server.
- What is the timeline for sending records through TREx once a request is received? TEC 7.010 requires that education records be sent electronically within 10 working days of request by a district in which the student has enrolled, including information on course completion, teachers, special education, Individualized Education Plan (IEP), and personal graduation plans.